Almost everyone in the industrial laundry business says that – until they get burned. With electronic equipment often housed in older buildings, it doesn’t take much for a fire to break out, even for those who are prepared. This is a true story. Two hundred employees were doing their jobs in an 800,000 square-ft. building made of concrete and steel. Nobody expected this day to be different from any other, but no one expected a fire.
“The hospital’s dryers could hardly dry the clothes anymore, and the lint buildup was so bad that the fire inspector had cited the place.”
So begins the story by Action Duct Cleaning’s technician Robert Godinez of a Los Angeles medical center that was experiencing the “laundry list” of symptoms that occur when a laundry exhaust system is not maintained.
Quick Rinse - News From Around The World
Man Freed From Laundry Machine
ENGLAND — Firefighters freed a man trapped in a laundry after he tried to pull some sheets that were stuck from a folding machine. The machine had not been turned off when he began trying the free the sheets. The employee’s arm became trapped in the machine but the firefighters worked quickly cutting the machine’s belt to free the man. He was rushed to the hospital where he was stabilized.