A dryer fire at Victory Field in downtown Indianapolis caused minor damage at the baseball stadium. The fire was caused by a commercial dryer in the laundry room. It is believed that residual grease on towels being dried ignited the fire. No injuries were reported.
Quick Rinse - News From Around The World
Employee Crushes Hand on Ironer
SOMMERVILLE, Mass. — A commercial laundry has been fined by OSHA after an employee’s had was crushed while lubricating the chain of an ironer that was running. The OSHA inspection found that the machine was not de-energized prior to the maintenance that was attempted. Royal Institutional Services Inc., has been cited by OSHA for four alleged violations of workplace safety standards. The laundry, owned by Angelica Corp., faces a total of $49,935 in proposed fines.