A dryer fire at Victory Field in downtown Indianapolis caused minor damage at the baseball stadium. The fire was caused by a commercial dryer in the laundry room. It is believed that residual grease on towels being dried ignited the fire. No injuries were reported.
Quick Rinse - News From Around The World
Laundry to Reduce Air Emmissions and Fund Cleaner Burning Wood Stove Purchases
BOSTON, Mass. — Alltex Uniform Rental Service, an industrial laundry in Manchester, N.H. has agreed to settle claims by the US Environmental Protection Agency that it violated the Clean Air Act by paying a civil penalty of $65,000. They will also be undertaking a Supplemental Environmental Project with a value of at least $220,000 to replace old, polluting wood stoves in southern New Hampshire with new, cleaner models. Additionally, the company will install equipment at its facility to remove approximately 20 tons per year of emissions of volatile organic compounds (“VOCs”). G&K Services is the parent company of Alltex Uniform Rental Service Inc. The EPA action grew out of an EPA inspection of the facility in July 2008.