"They told me I'd be out of business in six months," said Peter Zwart referring to the challenge a former employer made when Zwart decided to start his own uniform rental and laundering business. Forty years later, the business that began as a family run pressing and drycleaning operation in the garage behind Zwart's Montgomery, NY home, is one of the largest and most established uniform rental and sales outfits in the tri-state area.
MT. WASHINGTON, NH – One-hundred years after The Mount Washington Hotel opened its doors to the aristocracy of the industrial revolution, the grande ol’ hotel, an elaborate example of Spanish Renaissance Revival architecture and distinctive world class flare, celebrates a century of grandeur with a renaissance. During that time, the hotel has undergone a transformation that has taken this jewel of New Hampshire’s White Mountains from a summer retreat to a year-round vacation destination.
Hospitals and their purchasing groups are being explored in a series of articles published by The New York Times. The first two pieces in the series were, “2 Hospital Purchasing Groups Face Questions Over Conflicts,” published on March 4, 2002 and “When a Buyer for Hospitals Has a Stake in Drugs It Buys,” published March 26, 2002.
After years of predominant in-house laundering, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has started to review the potentials of Competitive Sourcing. This, when from 1980 to 1997, the VA spent about $13 million annually to modernize approximately 61 facilities with the ultimate goal of reducing the cost of operations through modernizing and consolidation of laundry facilities.
PASSAIC, NJ – A fire that broke out in a New Jersey prison laundry last week damaging light fixtures and electrical wiring is currently under investigation. The fire, which was contained to the laundry room in the Passaic County Jail, injured no one.
Quick Rinse - News From Around The World
Nursing Home Fire
GAINESVILLE, Ga. — Flames that began in a nursing home laundry dryer drew firefighters to the location. The fire was contained to the laundry room of the New Horizons Nursing Home and residents were not evacuated.